Fuzzy cuts on birch plywood

Here’s a post about how to measure belt tension on your machine;

and the YT video if you prefer, same content;

4 Likes

Thanks
I will try tonight and lets see.

So I was digging a lit more a , and I compare old files where I didn’t had problem with fuzzy cuts there was a divergence in plunge rate it was 12.5 now with fuzzy cuts is 25.0 for 1/4 amana 2 flut cutter .Is that possible ?

@LiamN I was so excited to to see this post about the gates app I took my lunch hour go check it out. Belt tension topic has been somewhat elusive. l This is so easy to do with the Gates app. On the downside, I need to tighten up my belts a good bit. I thought they were guitar string tight but not quite. May explain some minor issues I have been having with clean cuts particular to tabs. On either side of the tab I get small grooves. This may be why. Thanks

3 Likes

Great,

Don’t go over-tight though, the steppers may not like it too much, I’m running in the 60-80N range and that seems to be enough for the belts to behave as required by the design.

I’ve found no substantial benefit in terms of deflection or backlash from increasing belt tension beyond this point.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.