G-Code not working

Been down that road too!

I did five test runs using four different projects using a variety of different ways, did two projects this morning and zeroed the conventional way with no issues.

If you let us (and/or support) know about the specifics of what you saw / those consistency issues, we can probably get to the bottom of this. There is no reason why it would not be as accurate as the old fashion way, and for lots of folk it works fine but everyoneā€™s setup is slightly different and used slightly differently.

For the purpose of testing, if you place it completely on top of the stock, probe Z/height only, and then manually jog down to surface level, how far off from Z=0.0 are you ? and what kind of variability from one probing to the next do you see if you do this multiple times ?

1 Like

@Parismarine

To this point, keep in mind you do have a baseboard with 3 layers stacked on top, there is a ton of freedom for compression errors to creep inā€¦

If your baseboard (wasteboard) were aluminum plate that might be rigid enough to assume it wouldnā€™t flex, but it looks like MDF which is known to be able to flex, add to that there is what looks like compressible foam tape (2-sided tape with foam core) between that layer and the one directly above it (also MDF), which means there is probably a slight air gap in the center between those two boards. I could go on, but the point is just to illustrate that there are many physical variables I would look to reduce/eliminate before determining that the error in Z-height/depth is in the g-codeā€¦

1 Like

So to answer everyoneā€™s question, Iā€™ve eliminated all two sided tape applications and re-aligned and leveled everything by screwing it all down. Iā€™ve attached a couple of pics to illustrate the depth difference. The two large holes you see are different sizes and are where you see the shallowest depth is without the BitZero.

First hole is all Axis, second is Z axis only and obviously the remaining shallow depth is the correct one which was zeroed the old fashion way. NO other settings in CC were changed during this process.

So having said all that, again, the product is perfectly level with no air gaps or cupping of the stock. When I began having these issues the very first thing I did was make sure everything was as it should beā€¦

Where/how did you place the BitZero when you probed and ran the job that cut those two large holes ?
Iā€™m still interested in the result of the test I mentioned earlier about probing Z only, with the probe in the center of the stock, and then jogging down to the surface

Sorry if this seems like a long list of questions, but the devil is in the (workflow) details

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.