G wizard for makita router

Which g wizard package would be best for the makita router? Will 1hp cut it? (Pun intended)

Since it’s rated at 1.25HP, but trim routers tend to be rated at peak, rather than the more normal power levels used, 1HP should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks Will! Is that what you use?

It’s what I use… Even better, buy for a year, it’s good for 1hp forever. Buy a second year, get a 2nd horsepower forever.

2 Likes

I use a Makita, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy G-Wizard, since I’ve been trying to limit myself to opensource where possible.

Gwizard is like satnav at first you fiddle and ignore what it says later you leave it alone and trust it I have bought it after maxamillion recommended it and boy I love it best money I ever spent. F&F is sooo much better with my cuts and support / updates are good too

1 Like

Would 3 year come with 3hp for life?

1 Like

Yes. The pricing model for G-Wizard is quite nice — each year you pay for it gets you that many HP in perpetuity. Paying for year gets one unlimited horsepower for that year.

There’s also HSM Advisor https://hsmadvisor.com/

I like G wizard desktop a bit more (still getting used to HSMAdvisor), but I like the app of HSM better.

2 Likes

How much is HSMAdvisor?

https://hsmadvisor.com/?page=Buy

1 Like

I have a 1hp for life GWizard license, and for my purposes I never hit the max (mostly wood and a little aluminum). Having said that I just installed FSWizard lite for iOS and it looks promising. I’ve never liked the GUI for GWizard, I don’t like Adobe Air(or anything Adobe really), but I’ve done plenty of cutting that worked out good.

Dan

1 Like

I downloaded FSWizard app yesterday but it seems like I just tell it what I’m going to do instead of IT telling ME what to do.

I haven’t run any pieces with it yet, but it appears to work in a super simple way. Pick material, pick end mill, tell it max spindle rpm and it seems to do the rest. The “pro” version has a larger materials database from what I can tell, not sure what the other benefits are.

I also have not compared it to the numbers in GWizard, just barely messed with it a little.

Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.