Gantry led light too short?

Hi guys.

Just wondering if the gantry light is supposed to run the entire length of the gantry. Mine starts on the far right within 1” of the y rail. But falls about 8” short of the left y rail. Is this how its supposed to be? Its about 45” in total length.

Thanks

I dont think the lights are supposed to be that short, but I haven’t really looked at mine and now want to see what mine look like. It also looks like your lights are stickered onto your gantry and are actually peeling off at the end there in your picture. More then likely as you begin running your machine and the dust starts flying, your lights might likely begin to start falling from this end, which will be a pain for you and you will have to reattach them to the gantry.

Now you make me want to check mine.

I think you might have gotten short-changed a bit. I have a 4x4 Shapeoko 5 Pro and the LED strip pretty much goes the full length of the x-axis gantry. They must have been at the end of a roll.

My thoughts exactly guys. I dont think its supposed to be like that. And yes, that end was peeling off out of the shipping box. I think it got caught up on the foam during shipping. And it has been falling down but not off at this point. I will submit it to support.

Thanks for confirming and yes check yours as well.

Mine was also 8"short and peeled off in the box. They shipped a replacement, but it’s not the same “wet location” strip.

1 Like

Did you call the company and inquire with them about the light length? You should do so.

Waiting on a response from support.

Support is shipping a new one. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the support fellas.

2 Likes

Get some of that Alien Tape and use it to secure your light strip. That stuff is double sided and supposed to hold anything.

I will note that I covered mine for its entire length with tape since it was so bright.

That is an interesting thing to do. If you don’t use it why not just go ahead and remove it instead of covering it? The tape idea might be good but over time the adhesive of the tape seems to breakdown and separate from the tape backer, (i.e. duct tape/grey tape), and when this happens, it leaves behind the hardest cleanup possible.

I like having mine on because the corner where my machine is located is kind of darkish. Where I want to locate my machine is a different story. There is too much stuff stored in that room and its not all my stuff. But I have talked with the people that have their stuff in that room and they have agreed to pull it all out of there, and agree that my machine should be in that room.

The lighting in that room would be so much better and I could cater that room strictly for my machine, The place it is located right now is really the lumber staging area of my shop.

The tape is not opaque, but translucent and functions as a diffuser.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.