Gator clamp bolts

Carbide3d provided metal t-slot nuts and gator clamps but they didn’t provide any bolts. Does anyone know what bolts work with these - I will need to find them on amazon.co.uk (NOT amazon.com)

I would suspect M6 — take them into a hardware store and use a thread checker?

If you’re traveling through London check in at Clerkenwell Screws?

@WillAdams is correct, they are compatible with M6 as well as 1/4" fasterners.

From the Gator Tooth Clamps page:

Each 4-pack of Gator Tooth Clamps is supplied with the following hardware:

(BHCS) 1/4x20x3/4 x 4
(BHCS) 1/4x20x1-1/4 x 4
(BHCS) 1/4x20x1-3/4 x 4
(BHCS) M6 x 20mm x 4
(BHCS) M6 x 30mm x 4
(BHCS) M6 x 40mm x 4
M6 x 1 x 12mm Grub Screw x 4
M6 x 1 x 25mm Grub Screw x 4

Interesting. Is that an injection molded plastic (nylon, I would guess) one?

1 Like

They’re the ones in the upcoming “workholding essentials” kit:

7 Likes

I purchased a set of m6 button head screws with Allen heads. 20 - 40 mm length set; 20 mm is too short for those clamps but work for thin fences. I’m US based, so not sure if same is available on Amazon U.K.

2 Likes

And that kit comes with SHCS, which have a smaller diameter head than BHCS, so do the Nylon clamps have room for the button heads? I would think so, because when I use the SHCS, I use a washer, and those slots look wide enough for a washer, which is probably about the same size as the button head. Don’t know for sure, just kind of rambling at this point. Time to stop and get back out to the shed.

I couldn’t say, @Jorge probably knows.

Does this help

1 Like

@helipaddy you beat me to posting the same thing. It was the only time during the build where I felt like something was missing. I ended up going through all the cardboard and bags to make sure I did not miss the bolts somewhere.

I’m off to the hardware store this morning.

1 Like

If you are in the US, Lowes does carry what you need in the hard to find bins of the screw aisle.

2 Likes

The button head screws work and fit perfectly. I purchased these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKKCBGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.