Getting an error I don't understand

I am getting the following arrors when I try to load a specific gcode file…

Error on line 11: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 12: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 15: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 16: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 17: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 18: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 19: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 20: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 21: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line
Error on line 22: Optional stop must be at the beginning of line

The offending code is…

F&B sides.nc (95.0 KB)

Why is everything other than blank lines and comments from line 11 on prefaced with a /

%
(FB sides)
(Machine)
(  vendor Carbide 3D)
(  model Shapeoko Pro XXL)
(  description My CNC)
(T4 D=0.1875 CR=0 - ZMIN=-0.496 - flat end mill)
G90
G17
G20
/ G28 G91 Z0
/ G90

Wow…Didn’t even notice that. But even so, that is the code that was generated by Fusion 360. Regenerated a couple times with the same result. Is the problem with 360?

The majority of the first 1258 lines were preceded by a “/”. I think the “/” is the problem. These lines look like offset replicates of the remainder of the code.

Your code gives 3 vertical slots, removing the “/” gives 11 in simulation.

Here is the code with comments , / , etc removed. It may or may not still hang but use at your own risk.
F&B sides_btc.nc (94.9 KB)

1 Like

Did you configure Fusion 360 per:

https://my.carbide3d.com/faq/fusion360/

Well that may be the root of the problem. I originally DID setup the post processor in Fusion, but since then I have had a few computer hiccups and some problems with the CNC controller (had to be replaced) and I can’t be sure what I may have changed (correctly or not).

the code mod provided by BOZO :slight_smile: was loaded without error so I am past the problem and now just have to make sure I properly install the post processor.

Thanks for the help. If I could credit both of you with the solution, I would, but alas I can only pick one.

Well I guess I’ve pissed someone/thing off. Now I can’t initialize the CNC because it stops before punching the bit-setter. It drops about and inch and then just stops. I shout down and restarted both the computer and the CNC and it made no difference.

Today is not my friend I guess.

Which Z-axis does your machine have?

Which are you configured for?

If you set the origin at the surface of the MDF and jog up 2 inches how much does the machine move?

Are you getting a probe error? If so the BitZero magnet might be touching something and being grounded. The BitZero and BitSetter are interconnected. If so just move your BitZero magnet away from a grounding source. If it is just stopping then try what @WillAdams suggested and start the configuration over. You mentioned you had some computer problems and every computer you put Carbide Motion has its own configuration of the machine stored. So make sure you run the configuration on each computer you run CM on. Or if you reload the OS and install CM be sure to run configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.