Good news, it cuts aluminium! Bad news, it cuts aluminium!

Might need that 30 day crash it policy :blush:

16 Likes

You knowā€¦if you set your Z from your tableā€¦it will NEVER cut the table.

5 Likes

except when you forget to set carbide create the sameā€¦
if itā€™s set to zero at topā€¦

4 Likes

You could add a supplemental spoil board on top to use for through cuts.

3 Likes

The issue is the first op is engraving, then a contour. So an accurate top height is good.

If I made the job 3 ops, with the 1st being a facing job, I guess I could. Or, set the Z height again in between.

And that in a nutshell is why I hate wood. Lol

1 Like

Thatā€™ll buff outā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ :smiley:

8 Likes

a nice try! and i thank you for sharing, but come back to me when you have a tree in the wooden table the SO3 is sitting on AHAHA then we can talk - best thing i ever did with my HDZ!! :slight_smile:

I bet you will not make this mistake again though, all i can tell you is you have taken another step closer to being a real CNC Machinest, and also do not overlook the forsight you had to make the tree point into the direction of the mistake, like an arrow, that takes real planning!!

Jon

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Me realizing that I can swap these 2 extrusions for the 2 outside edge extrusions and get a free pass on this one, no need to crawl to C3D with my tail between my legs and ask for replacements :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Please ask anyway ā€” Iā€™d hope weā€™d be able to work something out.

2 Likes

FYI- IT will cut stainless steel as well. I accidentally milled off 2 inches of my SMW mod vise insert at 1mm DOC 1500mm feed with a 8mm single flute at 24k

9 Likes

Support hooked me up!

Super happy with not just the SO Pro, but also Carbide 3D - the experience is playing out as per my expectations versus some of the other desktop CNC options that were out there.

10 Likes

Ha! Weā€™ve all been there in some way or anotherā€¦

Depending on how you define ā€œcuts,ā€ you might find an additional good news/bad news pairing for steel and stainless steel (clamps, screws and bolts). At least so Iā€™ve heard from a friendā€¦

2 Likes

Some more deliberate aluminum cutting here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.