GRBL Alarm 4 on initialization

When I initialize the machine. It goes to the home position then it asks to make sure there is tool installed and I click that it is. I had homed the bit zero during the calibration. It moves directly over it and stops. It does not move down to touch the bit setter. That is right when the Alarm comes up. I have shut the machine off and tried setting up new machine twice and moving thru all the prompts including that the unit has including the vfd drive. The limit switches all seem to be working. I had the bit sett in the wrong port when I first hooked up the machine and that is why I I set up new machine again. at a loss for what I should be looking for the error code says it is touching the bit setter or bit zero. Both of them are not being touched. The bit setter has the red light and if you press the puck the light will turn green so it appears to be working. The same with the bit zero it is green and will turn red if the ground is on the spindle and you put a bit in it. I also double checked again everything was in the right ports. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to get it running.

Shoot us an e-mail in support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.