GRBL Error: A G2 or G3 arc was commanded but there are no XYZ axis words in the selected plane to trace the arc

I’m using fusion 360 to generate toolpaths with the Carbide3d post processor. During an adaptive clearing toolpath, I get the following error in Carbide motion: “GRBL Error: A G2 or G3 arc was commanded but there are no XYZ axis words in the selected plane to trace the arc”.

Is there some setting I’m missing?

G Code attached:

Berlin_2_2.nc (3.0 MB)

That is post processor related. Which post processor are you using?

Generally this comes up if the post processor is one that outputs in inches. GRBL speaks metric, so when it does the conversion, it can have some calculation issues with the small movements in arcs. I usually work in imperial, but use the mm post processor for all programs.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’m using the latest version of the carbide 3d post processor (v 44063).

Are you suggesting I change this drop down for Unit to “Millimeters” instead of the default “Document Unit”? (My document is in Inches).

Yes. That way you can design in whatever units you want, but the post processor does the work of translating into mm to make the machine happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.