GRBL ERROR: Invalid gcode ID:33

(Justin) #1

Running a program that I rendered in Fusion 360 had to clean it up a bit but now I get this error. Which i don’t know what it means.

0 Likes

Carbide Motion Update
(William Adams) #2

http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Invalid_G-Code:_Error_33

Send the file to AutoDesk so that they can fix it.

0 Likes

(Justin) #3

Are they implying on just rounding up your decimals?

0 Likes

(William Adams) #4

Presumably they didn’t quite get the arc calculation correct (or maybe this is an edge case where Grbl is at fault) ---- it might be that Carbide Motion is trimming too many decimals, but I’d hope it would keep 5.

0 Likes

(Peter Ankersmit) #5

I experience the same GRBL error: Invalid gcode ID:33 when using Fusion 360. I changed smoothing on/off, changed the accuracy from 0.01 to 0.001 and 0.0001 with no effect. This only happens using the horizontal program in Fusion. I also changed the post processor back to Mach3 but keep getting the error on the same part. Does anyone find a solution for this?

0 Likes

(William Adams) #6

Please contact support@carbide3d.com w/ the details of the file in question and the settings which created it.

0 Likes

(Sonny Jeon) #7

I’d like to see one of these Fusion 360 problem files. I’ve heard enough about this particular issue to dig into it more. Could you post the Fusion generated g-code file?

In short, Grbl follows the LinuxCNC error protocol for G2 and G3 arcs and the error checks are fairly lenient. This problem only seems to come from Fusion360 g-code programs. Not sure why, but I’m leaning toward that its’ something in Fusion360’s post processing.

1 Like

It’s not just Fusion. I got this quite frequently using VCarve Pro too. Only thing that fixed it in CM was to slightly change the depth a couple thousands deeper or lighter of the tool path.

What finally solved it was using bCNC instead of Carbide Motion. Never had the error again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(Korey Jerome) #9

Here you go. Should be everything you need. Archive.zip (251.5 KB)

1 Like

(Jeff Burke) #10

2/7/2017
I ran into this same issue… (spent an evening on the ipad researching)
I did this the next day and it worked.
In Fusion 360 in the post process
modify the post config file
carbide3d.cps - Generic Carbide 3d (grbl)
(for me it was line 59)
change
var xyzFormat = createFormat({decimals:(unit == MM ? 3 : 4)});
to
var xyzFormat = createFormat({decimals:(unit == MM ? 4 : 5)});

This changes the # of decimals and seems to satisfy the grbl ARC commands

I have had my xxl up and testing for 2 weeks only … Fusion 360 was loaded less than a month ago.

I did not invent this solution and I looked a too many things being new and couldn’t re-find the
creater of the solution to give credit …who ever you are thanks this worked.

Having a lot of fun with this XXL … thanks all

I see it has been awhile sense the last reply… If this is not ok to post I am happy to remove it

4 Likes

GCode GRBL Error
Facing Pass SO3 and Fusion 360 -- bit not making contact with stock
(Fahad) #11

The simple solution is before generating the post change the unit to (mm).

I usually regenerate the tool paths the save the post file. and this error from the past for me.

I really forgot where I found the solution but I guess from shapeoko wiki.

1 Like

(Jaron Andre) #12

I’m going to 2nd what Fahad said. Forcing it to mm when saving the gcode magically makes the problem go away for me too

1 Like

(Jeff Burke) #13

Fahad, Jalapano… the fix you present is even easier that what I found…
Thanks for sharing … I will give it a test

1 Like

(Mark Moran) #14

Thanks, I did this and it seemed to solve the problem (although I guess it could’ve been solved just by regenerating the g-code with whatever tiny variance there was in a few hours), but hopefully this changed it. This seems like a more elegant solution than simply switching to metric.

2 Likes