GRBL Panel Training (Video)

As promised, here’s a video on running GRBL-Panel with a Shapeoko 3 XXL (or any S3, really).
It’s quite long winded, I do love the sound of my own voice: https://youtu.be/kGbxkIHce9U

grbl panel can be downloaded here: https://github.com/gerritv/Grbl-Panel/releases/tag/V1.0.9.15

It’s quite a rough take with quite a bit assumed and glossed over, let me know if you’ve got questions. I hope this helps somebody!

5 Likes

Well done, Adam. It’s such a nice program. Perhaps more will start using it.

1 Like

Thank you, sir. You’ve opened a door for me, will be digging deeper.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try GRBL Panel for a while now. Thanks for the helpful video. I just downloaded the software. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adam, should I use a different post in F360 for grbl panel? I’ve tried a few files that worked fine in CM but cause red spindle errors in Panel. My spindle is manually controlled.

I’m rusty on F360… what post processors are listed there? Is there a generic grbl post?
What lines/errors are you seeing? Toss up a screen shot… and post the gcode, I’ll take a look.

Hmmm, I’ll have to send the gcode from my computer.

Gah, that’s a really angry application error. Just to be sure it’s the app and not gcode, try running an airjob on the attached file (it’s a small 6x5" dust boot)Dust_Boot_v4.nc (149.4 KB)

Hmmm, works fine. Should I try another post I guess?

Attach the gcode that’s crashing grbl panel, now I really want to try it :slight_smile:

Is this what the end screen should look like. I’m guessing not.

heres the file
tray 4 cutout.nc (22.6 KB)

WHOA, yea, crashed my panel too. I just did a debug and it looks like a bug in grbl-panel not wanting to accept tool changes with three digit numbers! Try switching your tool number in F360 to a two digit value. I just updated your gcode with it and tested and it runs now.

Attached for you to try…tray 4 cutout.nc (22.6 KB)

1 Like

New release of this software this afternoon, several big improvements:

@Griff I raised your problem as a bug to the dev and it’s been addressed in today’s release

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks. I’ve renumbered all my tools, ha ha. I was fighting through a fusion reinstall yesterday, very frustrating.
All’s good now. I’ll try out the update.

Keep in mind, as pointed out to me by the grblpanel dev, it’s GRBL that doesn’t like three-digit tool numbers, not just this gcode sender. I believe there is a Carbide3D post-processor available for F360 which should know these things…

1 Like

The C3D post for Fusion was giving me arc errors in CM410.
I’m now using f360-easel.cps for my Fusion post. So far so good.

1 Like