Grbl setting? Cant make a change

(Magnus) #1

Hi i have changed max travel distance and accel and feed speed in the controller, but Carbide motion dosent care? It still run the standard Settings. When i use the Shapeoko with cncjs it all works as i whant. Anywone have an idé

0 Likes

(Julien Heyman) #2

Hi Magnus,

GRBL settings are local to the controller, so indeed it should not matter what sender you use. BUT:

• Carbide Motion has some hardcoded travel limits that come into play before the GRBL settings. For people with stock Shapeokos this is a good thing, but as soon as you try to tweak something mechanically it becomes a nuisance…and then people turn to an alternate sender as you did.
  • There might be a similar hardcoded limitation to 200ipm feed rate in CM, considering this thread? I have no idea if this is actually the case, but I can imagine why Carbide3d would like to cap the feedrate to 200, to prevent users from unadvertently modifying this parameter and having the machine move extremely fast (potential safety concern…)
2 Likes

(William Adams (Carbide 3D)) #3

Also, the machine is mechanically limited in how fast it can accelerate and move — please see posts on the “Shapeoko Racing League” on the Shapeoko forums for some discussion of this.

0 Likes