Hall of Dust shoes

Allright, you win! (category: most massive dust shoe/dust extraction, a pretty cool one at that :slight_smile: )
(don’t you mind the X travel limitation though?)

2 Likes

Whoa! I’ve seen it all now. :astonished:

There are no X travel limits. As to the size of the collection system it has no bearing on the performance of the machine. I do however like how well it works and that’s the most important part!.

The most important part of dust collection is the ability to collect dust. Some of the shoes I have seen with the size hose being use are barely up to the task.

With the size hose I’m using, 2 1/2" I can move a maximum of 140 CFM @ 4000 fpm. In order to keep that figure as close as possible given the space requirements I had to work within I had to split the duct work. After doing the math this reduces my possible CFM further to 115.

If we look at the recommended CFM requirements for a table router of 195 CFM even the design I cam up with falls short of the recommended. The space I have to work within is my limiting factor.

If we look at the CFM possibilities of an 1 1/2" dust hose it’s almost half at 65 CFM.

4 Likes

Looks awesome. Here in Texas bigger is better. Good dust collection is important. Both for operators and the Shapeoko.

1 Like