Hall of Dust shoes

rules:
-Make a dust shoes.
-Take a real « portrait » of it, the picture have to square only your dust shoes.
-Post your portrait.
It could be fun to have just a big gallery that collect only the picture of our dust shoes, isn’t it ?

7 Likes

Here is my oldie 3D printed dust shoe.

I never got a chance to actually mill it, as it would require 2 sides milling and my skills are not up to that level yet. I got all the HDPE for it, but it will be a project down the road, eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

Source can be found at : thingiverse

3 Likes

For the Nomad Classic. Has a camera to let me see inside. Very happy with it.

95faf44d5eb5a8efcccaa01d1f6e13ca23edd098_1_666x500

10 Likes

Just built this last weekend. Works great!

2 Likes

Such a tease… show us the camera view. That is a great idea!

1 Like

Okay, here’s mine, along with the holder I made for the Carbide 3D corner finder/Probe:

Files for it ought to be on the wiki somewhere — the router mount is a 65mm unit off eBay — one of these days I’ll switch to the new Z-axis plate (when I’m feeling industrious enough to drill and countersink 4 holes again, but I need to replace my countersink bit first).

3 Likes

Here is a link to a post I did on my dust shoe a little while ago:

1 Like

2 Likes

That is a fancy DW611 you got there :wink:

2 Likes

That would be a great pick up line at a bar next to Makerfaire!

Dan

5 Likes

Here’s my dust shoe version. It is entirely made in polycarbonate on my Shapeoko.
The advantages of my design:

1. It does not compromise X axis travel
  2. It is easily removable (2 set screws)
  3. The front part is a “clip on” (no screws)
  4. It can stay at a constant Z or it can travel along with the spindle
  5. While surfacing the MDF table or cutting MDF no dust escapes.

4 Likes

That is real nice work, Bola.

Looks great! Might have to borrow some inspiration from you. :slight_smile:

Any issues from the smaller diameter hoses? I tend to see most builds using 2" diameter, and I’ve had cases where some wood comes off along the grain in long strips.

I had no issues so far with this hose. It’s connected to a Ridgid vacuuum which has plenty of power. I don’t cut real wood, only MDF, plastic and aluminum, so no issues with those.

Today I finished my new model of dust shoe, which is way more compact and fits like a glove on my brand-new updated spindle. I will take some pictures tomorrow.

1 Like

I really like this one! Would you be willing to share your files? I am waiting for my new XXL to arrive now! :slight_smile:

Here is ours.

It is very much based on the one sold at http://www.ev-guide.com/3d-printing-products/shapeoko3vacuum . We bought from them, but it broke (they will be sending a replacement). While the replacement doesn’t get here, I had to design one so we don’t have to stop the machining. I made some changes that I didn’t like about their design (got rid of the bottom, made the attaching places longer and sturdier) and 3D printed it.

4 Likes

are planning on selling one?

care to share a .step and or .stl file of this?

I don’t feel like I could sell this and guarantee your total satisfaction, but I don’t mind sharing the files. I am sending you a link per private message.

This dust shoe is for 2.25" hose, and I used whatever bolts we had in the lab. You also need to get the brush, otherwise it won’t work well.
I think you can use this type of brush from McMaster: https://www.mcmaster.com/#brushes/=1cmzcdq

I also have one of the EVGuide units.

I would sure appreciate the cad file. I need to modify it for a Makita. I use F360 but a STEP file will be fine.

No worries if you don’t care to share the cad, I know it was a lot of work!

Thanks!