Hand held laser engraver

Anyone have a hand held or portable laser engraver. I saw this laser called laserpecker. I’m looking for simple engraving so i dont think a permanent mounted laser is something i need.

so not something you would want to temporarily attach to your Shapeoko? (just asking since you posted in the Shapeoko category)

nothing attached to shapeoko

I have seen those advertised. They look pretty cool but a guy just has to wonder how good it really works. They can make the advertising look very good.

I would look at an Ortur/Neje LaserMaster 1 or something along the small gantry style. Probably get much better results than with that little pecker thing.

1 Like

I went and looked at some of what Scott suggested and at the LaserPecker. It looks to me like the Ortur/Neje LaserMaster 1 type would be more versatile due to the size. The LaserPacker has a relatively small engraving area. But if all you want to do is put on small things then t he LaserPecker would be fine. Both of these products seem competitive in price at around $200.00 US. Although I found the LaserPecker as high as $400.00, buyer beware.

Edit: I took another look and the varying options make the price wildly vary and I was not really doing an apples to apples comparison. Seems you will have to drive much deeper to compare the two products with power options an equipment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.