Happy Vets Day - Why not a flag!

Man it’s been too long! Happy Veterans Day! Cheers!

First water pop, still a lot of sanding left.

23 Likes

Is that mahogany for the red stripes?

It’s Paddock (padauk), it machines really nice, the hard maple not so much :joy:

1 Like

I assume the spelling correction got you there. You mean padauk I am guessing.

It looks great. Erickson Woodworking made one with red heart that looks great as well but that is a bit harder to source.

EDIT: corrected my attribution.
Double edit: I am an idiot. Didn’t realize you were Erickson Woodworking.

3 Likes

Edit: No worries! :nerd_face: @CullenS

Yep! Autocorrect got that one.

You are absolutely correct, I usually use Redheart for all my flags, but in my area 8/4 is almost impossible to get.

This one was Redheart and Curly Maple which is only 5 x 12.

This one is a little bigger at 12.5 x 23.5. I was able to get just over 1.25” worth of depth in the curve on this one.

4 Likes

@Merick01 I have one set up all glued up using your design with walnut maple and padauk, but unfortunately had to move (Navy) so havent machined yet. Lately been doing some design work you wouldnt happen or be willing to share the wavy stl. I did ine with CC pro trial but now i have been using Aspire and cant seem to find a good wavy stl that waves straight across vise at an angle.

That looks great. I want to make one for a neighbor that was in the Marines when I can find the time and a good file to start from.

That looks really nice. Did you use CCreate to do the 3D texture?

I use Fusion to do all my design and toolpath generations, I’ve been using Fusion for a long time and it’s always been a love hate relationship.

Tony, I don’t think I have a stl file for one, I’ll check my computer and look around.

I get to demo a new laser, it has a 3D mapping system that maps any curved surface to engrave one.

It did a really great job and was impressed how easy it was.

11 Likes

@Merick01 thanks for looking and wow please spill the beans on that laser!!! That is fantastic and love the 3d mapping!

@Merick01 nevermind just got the notifucatuon from beings subscribed to your YouTube channel!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.