HDM in basement (disassemble it)

Hello, I just purchased an HDM and I would like to get it in my basement (the path to which is steep and considerably less wide than the width of the machine). I wanted to know if the machine should be as easy to take apart as my 5 was to put together? Additionally, if anyone has any idea (estimate if you have taken it apart yourself) as to how much the baseframe will weigh once the hybrid table and gantry are removed, I would very much appreciate that information.

Thank you for your time

I have an XXL Pro so would imagine that if you take off the “X” rail with the “Z” still mounted to it, that would be doable. I have had to move mine from one table to another and it took a few of us to move it assembled.

The waste board would be a lot of weight, making it easier to move once removed. Make sure your wires are well-marked when disconnecting.

Be careful

1 Like

I’d likely remove as much weight as possible (bed, spindle) and take it down in one piece, but sideways… with help.

2 Likes

Hope so. Thank you for the response Michael!

Yeah I definitely would like to keep at least the baseframe attached considering they square it before sending it out…thank you!

Thank You for the Response Josh!

1 Like

After moving check square. The hdm is heavy for a reason. Moving it will put strain and may form a trapezoid.

2 Likes

That’s a good call out. I was planning on calibrating but I wasn’t thinking about the weight untuning it. Thank you.