HDM Sample Part?

Hey everyone! I am looking to bring in some CNC capability to our engineering team for basic tooling, fixturing, and prototypes. The HDM looks to be perfect for our needs, but I have been requested to get a sample part run off an HDM specifically.

Would anyone here be able to run a part of ours that would showcase the finish quality? We can handle a card transaction or an invoice, but we wouldn’t want to deal with sending money via PayPal or anything like that.

The part would be some 1/8" slots and a 1/2" deep pocket on a 2 x 6" piece of stock. If a video could be provided of the part being cut, that would be a cherry on top.

Quality might be dependent on who created the tool-paths, not so much the machine.

What is the stock? 6061 aluminum?

1 Like

Yes, 6061 aluminum. I believe the question that they want to answer is “how far away from our Haas Mills is it?”. If our Haas VF4 takes 10 minutes to do a part, they would be satisfied if the HDM made a part of nearly equal quality in 20 minutes. Given that my proposed use case limits our use to profile and pocketing operations on it (not even threads, chamfers, or multi-tool operations), I think that the HDM would match the VF4 for most of the parts I would run across it.

I’m at a transition with mine, or I would.

The funny part is that the HDM might make a part in less time than a non-SS HAAS due to spindle speed.

1 Like

Hi David

I’m sure we could knock something up for you - can you share the part?

2 Likes

oh boy… :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Test_Part.zip (19.0 KB)

This would be the part we want to evaluate. I would put it at the bottom of the list of “interesting test parts”…

Right now I’m in the office, but I will try to run this next week for you if that’s alright?

1 Like

That would be incredible! PM me with the details if/when you get around to it!

Some photos for anyone else interested

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.