HDZ 55mm Spindle

Hello,

I have a 55mm spindle w/mounting clamp and HDZ w/ standard 80mm (DeWalut) mounting plate that doesn’t match up to mount spindle/mount.

Anyone have suggestions?

How does the mount look like on the eazy tram plate. Enough meat to machine a new pattern and countersink?

Its a small spindle so you shouldn’t be worried about anything moving around too much.

3 Likes

Wild thought: would the spindle body itself (detached from its backplate) fit inside a 65mm diameter hole ?
If so, you could look at using the stock (Dewalt/Makita) router mount, and mill an adapter piece that would have an outer diameter of 65mm, and an inner hole matching the cross section of the spindle body.

2 Likes

I’m concerning mounting the aluminum spindle mount to the HDZ plate. There is enough meat that might take a small washer or two to make it flush when mounted back onto the HDZ. I’m having issues finding a tie and tap for machine tread to complete the project. It’s never easy to upgrade…heck this might be a downgrade. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like way to much trouble.

Get a lathe person to run a 69-55 split ring for you, done and done.

4 Likes

This probably is the best idea.

Those cast mounts are not great.

2 Likes

Right! Good gosh. Thx

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.