HDZ installation problem - limit switch - nothing moves

Well i just finished installing the unit and looks great, the only problem is that nothing moves.
After installation i went trough the setting routine and apparently everything went fine, but when i go to homing i get 2 messages:
Error (14): homing cycle failed
Error (15): GRBL Error: Homing Failed, could not find the limit switch.
There is the noise of a motor, but nothing moves, then the above messages appear.

I checked the 3 homing switches in the Active Input: and all three switches are reporting correctly.

By the way i installed the X limit switch as suggested in the PDF, using the existing bracket, but moving the carriage by hand to the extreme right after cutting the power, the X limit switch does not reach the side support to make contact.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Alfredo

Did you send the machine configuration?

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and send us photos of how you have the homing switches placed.

Th3e switches are installed correctly, the Z at the base of the Z motor and the X using the same bracket and using the only two holes available in that area.
The 3 switches tested correctly and the X switch is at 3 or 4mm from the side plate.

I am Googling the problem now and looks like that I am not the first one with this problem.

Now considering the position where the Z plate is it should not complain about switches if they test correctly.

And why one of the motors is making noise for a number of seconds without anything moving.

People mention the beta upgrade version, i never like to install beta versions.
It is Friday and support will not be there until Monday

can you take a picture of this? not making contact is … not a good thing

I solved this problem just now, and i remember having the same problem when i first assembled the machine.
If the bracket that hold the X belt on the right side is not a little twisted to the back, the carriage black V shaped wheel bangs on the bracket and cannot go further to the right.
The solution is holding the bracket with a flat screwdriver while tightening the screw.

1 Like

Problem solved, the Z micro switch is faulty, it marks close even when it is in the open position, I had to check it with the tester.
I don’t know what the switches test in the settings is for, it marks correctly when the switches are activated but not when are not activated.
I will contact support to buy some of those and keep them here.
Thanks
Alfredo

Yes, funny, you having the same problem as I have!

I also had the right side X belt bracket keeping the Z carriage from going all the to the right. As stated above I loosened the screw and held the bracket to the back and tightened the bracket screw. Problem fixed.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.