HELP! Carbide Motion Z-axis plunging way too far into material

j-box
Id love to help, I have reached out to a couple makerSpaces in the LA area to offer doing a CNC demo, and when I get something concrete Ill make sure everyone in the area knows.
We are also talking about a launch day to get people started, but the Carbide 3d shop is in full production mode right now.
In the meantime,
Email me a file or a picture of what you want to make and i’ll get you to the next step.

Hi J-box,

I don’t have a Shapeoko, but I do have the Nomad. I’m in West LA. Where in LA are you?

Maybe it’s time for me to try to organize a Meetup or something.

Samuel

I’m in the Mid Wilshire area and work in Santa Monica. I’d be down for a meetup.

I am having this same problem with Fusion 360 gcode generation and my SO3 - did anyone ever figure out what the issue was? I have followed the advice in this thread and ensured that the origin point in the Fusion 360 CAM modeling aligns with the zeros for my stock in the SO3, but it is still plunging too deep on the first pass by about 4mm and ultimately cutting through to the wasteboard.

figured it out. this is tied to having the model in inches and the CAM in metric. Fusion 360 does not like this. setting the model to mm solved my issue.

1 Like