Help needed with a simple trace

Five years later it’s mostly guess work, of course. The original looks like MDF, a bit grubby but still sound. About post 13 the OP said he was working with a scanned image imported from another program, and “we have a bunch of speaker mounting bracket templates that we use to make new ones”. Have to wonder how it all worked out for him, did he dump the SO or keep using it? Just checked his profile this is his only topic, he left and never logged in again.

I’ve compared a number of raster to vector programs (engineer’s disease) and for just about everything I tried it on Carbide Create’s homegrown R-V conversion has come out ahead. Still not perfect, one of my test cases is a pencil sketch done by a 10 year old and nothing picks up the individual lines like I keep hoping, but CC’s does pretty darned good. Plus it works well with high res scans, where most of the others bog down and throw artifacts everywhere.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.