Help With Adding A New Tool?

Hey gang.

I’m wanting to add a new tool in Carbide Create. The tool I’m adding is the Whiteside 1570 for doing 3/16" roundovers:

And here’s the Whiteside weblink: Whiteside 1570).

It doesn’t list much info on the Whiteside website but over on the Bits & Bits site there’s a little more info which you can see here: Whiteside 1570

When I add the tool in Carbide Create, is there any way to specify that 3/16" rounding over radius? I ask because when I generate a preview in the toolpath window, it only shows a wide line cut without the roundover detail:

I’ve tried adding a different new tool in the past…a large ball nose bit for running juice grooves in cutting boards, and it was the same thing. I would do it with a contour cut right along my line and select “no offset” and I just had to trust my design and the settings, even though it looked weird in the preview rendering.

With adding the new rounding over bit, will I just need to trust that I’m going to get the proper cut or is there actually a way to get a more accurate toolpath preview? Thanks in advance!

-seth

Carbide Create does not support this tool geometry, and few CAM tools do.

I wrote a bit about this at:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.