Help With First 2 Sided/3D Project

I hope I can get a little advice on the best place to start with this. My Mom loves this particular style of spoon, she calls them “cat tail” spoons and thinking ahead to mother’s day, I’d love to try and make something similar for her. I attached a photo of what i’m trying to achieve. Likely far too ambitious for my first attempt at a 2 sided project but i’m game to give it a go :slight_smile: As far as I can tell it’s made from cherry or something quite similar. I assume a spoon like this can’t be done in the standard version of CC because 3d tool paths will be needed? I was thinking of trying out the trial run of CC Pro to do this, I just don’t want to pay for it yet as I don’t think I’ll take advantage of enough features right now. Or as I understand it, fusion 360 has a free home use version that has 3D capabilities? I’ve never used the software before but I’m more then game to give it a try. The other thing I’m curious about is the best way to achieve the “cat tail” look of the handle, I’m guessing it’ burned in some way?
CAT+Wideserving+A

Please see:

2 Likes

For the dark stripes, I’d try multiple passes with a propane/butane torch to get the desired charring.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.