Help With Fusion 360 3D Toolpath Selection

Hoping someone has a solution to my speed bump…

I’ve performed the top side of the machining for this part already, but this part has me stumped. I’m fairly new to CAM, so it’s most likely a checkbox that I’ve overlooked. I’m trying to machine this feature using a 3D pocket toolpath. It’s showing me exactly what I want it to do…it just won’t cut down the entire depth of the “ramp.” I’m assuming this is because I am selecting the outside profile of my part as the machining boundary… So it doesn’t want to let the tool pass that boundary. Is there a way to make this happen?

Try selecting tool outside boundary in your tool containment. Also you can select tool center then apply an additional offset to allow the tool to go further out.

I like to duplicate the toolpath and make changes in the duplicates then compare.

7 Likes

Is that the entire toolpath for that operation?
Sometimes the easiest solution is to create a sketch geometry to constrain your toolpath.
If you can share the file, it’ll be easier to show you.

Edit: I helped someone with a similar problem on the Inventables forum.

5 Likes

I’ll take a look at this option. I didn’t know this was possible!

I already have the outside profile cut. So I just need to machine this ramp looking feature on the bottom of the part now that I’ve flipped it over.

Going to play with this today. Thank you sir.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.