Home Location & Repeat Jobs

Hi all -

Had a quick look across the forum, but cant find an answer.

I am running a batch job of parts - all the same, utilising 1 tool, machining time is around 3 minutes.

I also use a bit setter.

To decrease the overall cycle time between parts, I would like to change the home position after machining slighlty away from the job, not all the way to the back of the wasteboard and also remove the bit setting cycle at the start of every job.

I know I can turn off the bit setter setting to overcome the later but can this be acomplished in the G code file?

…the machining cycle is 3 minutes and I am probably wasting near 3 minutes again waiting for the head to travel to and from the far away home position and cycling the tool on the bit setter.

Any advice would be warmly received. I am sure @Julien will have some ideas!

Example .nc attached
example.nc (18.7 KB)

If you remove the M6Txxxx lines in the gcode file, that should skip the bitsetter routine. It sounds easier to just temporarily disable the bitsetter, but to each their own :slight_smile:

The parking position after job completion is a hardcoded behavior in CM as far as I know. I did not test with recent versions of CM but you may be able to remove M30 final line and put custom gcode instead to go to a custom position (but, last time I tried years ago it did not work, CM deemed to do the parking move after full gcode completion. Generic gcode senders would allow to customize the workflow at will, but at the cost of managing everything yourself

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.