Homing Cycle Failed

I just received my Nomad 3 for 2 days ago.Today, I try to run it for first time.I used Carbide Motion 5, after I press $H ,I heard loud noise and the carbide motion show me this message “homing cycle failed”. How can I fix this problem???. Thanks

Contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

Thanks, I sent email to support@carbide3d.com. If someone know to fix this issue, please let me know. Thank you so much guys.

I do not have a Nomad but on a Shapeoko this is usually the configuration has not been sent. On a Shapeoko the spindle will move in the wrong direction if no config is sent giving you a homing error. I am sure support will help you. If it is the config connect and do not initialize. Go into the configuration and send. After sending the correct configuration you can initialize and if it was config it will work.

I tried to do that but it still not working. Thanks for your advice bro.

Have you heard back from support yet ?
One thing you can try is troubleshoot whether any of the limit switches is not working. You can go to the Settings page in CM, and manually trigger the limit switches one by one: the “GRBL Active Input Pins” should read “X”, “Y”, or “Z” when you manually trigger each limit switch (or "Probe if you push the tool length sensor), and display nothing by default.

1 Like

They didn’t answer my question yet. My GRBL Active input Pins show “X”. The problem, when the machine move “X” direction to Home, it have loud noise and it didn’t move back to middle of the machine. And I don’t see the JOG function in my Carbide Motion.

If the X-axis homing switch is stuck on, something is wrong w/ it, or to cause it to be stuck on — we will answer your support question as quickly as we can — in case something went wrong in our ticket system, please send another e-mail describing the problem to support@carbide3d.com

Thanks bro. I sent my email again to support@carbide3d.com. One more thing, I try to move the Y in MDI with code “Y1F20” I just hear the noise and I don’t see the table move

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.