Homing error on initializing machine

Well the fun begins :frowning:

Where shall I start? Just setup the machine. I did get it to home once but now I get this error.

Then I get this when I turn off all power and turn it back in and try to initialize. It comes to the front then starts to grind like it can’t find a homing switch?

it’s like the y is running in reverse and coming to far to the front? If that makes sense.

Disable the bit setter and get this :frowning:

Please see:

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/troubleshooting-homing/

If you continue to have difficulties, let us know at support@carbide3d.com

So sounds like a bad board.

Support is on top of things for sure! I have already had 3 email replies from them and some suggestions to try and we are all set to get a new board sent to me.

Hey I have been playing around with cnc machines for years and made a few of my own. It sure would be awesome to have something run perfectly right out of the box. They got a crappy run of boards and they are doing the best they can and getting them replaced.

If it’s a simple switch out and everything is good, I’m a happy camper :slight_smile:

The homing switches are inductive. The trigger has to be close enough to trigger. So try manually moving the gantry to the homing position. Adjust the proximity switches so they almost touch the triggering.

To verify switch operation you can connect but do not initialize. Go to settings and in the debug tab it tells you which switches are activated or not. If a switch is not activating power off and move the gantry and Z away from the switches and use a metal object to see if in the debug tab the switch activates with a metal object in front of it. I believe the proximity switch will also glow red when activated.

Startup issues are not uncommon and is not always bad parts but adjustments or loose screws and/or bolts.

It’s bad board.

On first start up and initialize, everything works fine. After some warm up time, shut it off, turn back in and try to initialize and it goes haywire.

About 90% sure on the board being the problem. Tech support also agrees and they are sending new board.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.