Homing/Initialization Issues with Shapeoko 4 XL

I bought the shapeoko 4 XL at the beginning of this month and assembled it and ran it with little to no problems. Yesterday I went to run a project on the machine and it initialized and homed it correctly, only problem was it was off on the bitsetter. I stopped it and re-ran the initialization, when I did it homed off the z axis sensor fine. However, when it went to the y axis sensor it went all the way to it, tripped the sensor but did not pull off the sensor. It remained at the sensor until an error occurred with no details as to why and closed carbide motion. I believe it maybe an issue with either carbide motion or the control unit. I have had no further developments as of now. Anyone have this issue? Or have any insight as to why this is happening?

Hi Logan,

It could be a problem in the connection between the controller and the Y axis sensor.
You can test the sensor itself :

• power off the machine. Move the gantry gently such that it is not against the Y sensor
  • power up the machine but don’t initialize
  • go to the Settings menu in Carbide Motion, there is a “GRBL Active input pins” line there.
  • bring a metal object near the Y sensor. The GRBL Active input pins should be “Y”, only when the metal object is in front of the sensor.

You can also get in touch with support@carbide3d.com

1 Like

I reached out to support, just waiting for a response. The y axis sensor is triggering and the software is recognizing it as an active input. That is why I’m stumped as to why it isn’t performing the pull off and just sitting there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.