How do I create gcode

How do i generate gcode with Carbide Create?

Depends on which version and which machine you have.

v6 allows just writing it out.

If you have v7:

then you can save toolpaths in the .c2d file and send them to the machine using CM566 or later:

or connect to the machine and extract the G-code, or use the website (see the link in the blog post), or get a Pro license which will allow writing it out:

Thanks for the reply
I am a novice What is CM566 and how do i use it?

1 Like

That is Carbide Motion build 566. I know, citing Version numbers then seeing Build numbers is quite confusing, at least to meā€¦
Seems like the ā€œversion numberā€ should in the ā€œaboutā€ window along with the build number. Or am I missing something???

What machine do you have? and what version of Carbide create are you using, the free version, or the Pro version?

@stanmckinnon Carbide isnā€™t using the traditional version control schema (at least not externally - I have no insight to their internal version control). Every change is a version number change and builds are hidden entirely.

In most software parlances that Iā€™ve been involved with, CM566 would be CM ver 5 - which represents a family of function a MAJOR release level. .66, where the ā€˜.ā€™ dot represents a minor-version number - representing new functionality, but not enough to warrant a new Major version number. Then, there could be different build numbers within 5.66 for different operating systems, different hardware (if they differed by hardware), etc. but functionally, all of those builds would be identical to any other build of 5.66. Carbide calls the release 566 and does not show the differentiation with different operating systems.

I donā€™t know what they would do if they had 100 minor releases to a version!

Thanks for your reply
I have loaded CM566 and are convinced that it is not what i need for my application. CM566 is as stated is a ā€œMotionā€ controller similar to the Mach3 controller that l am now using. I did not see anything in there to
generate gcode to send to the controller. I am looking for software to
read the toolpaths in Carbide Create and generate gcodes for Mach3.
Please correct me if l are on the wrong path

Itā€™s hard to help when you donā€™t answer the questions asked of you.
So, reading between the lines, you are not using a Carbide 3D machine, and are trying to generate Gcode for it with the free version of Carbide Create. The free version does not directly output gcode, the pro version, from what I understand, can output gcode without having to be sent to another application, or to Carbide Motion.

1 Like

If you donā€™t have a Carbide 3D machine to connect Carbide Motion 566 to your options are:

Use the free v6:

(note that this is unsupported)

or get a Pro license:

If you have difficulty w/ Carbide Create Pro, please write in to support@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.