How Do "YOU" Handle This?

Alright this one here is something I think I’ve ran into a few times before, but never asked anyone was there a better way to do it, so now that I’m faced with it and it’s fresh on my mind I thought I would ask. So…

I Got a board that’s 24 w x 8 h

All I’m doing is adding fingers on the left (west) and right (east) ends. So that means, I don’t even need to touch the top (north) and bottom (south) part of the board, as the board is already the size I want 8 Inches. My path on the other hand, shows the complete vector of the drawer and will want to cut along it. What do “you” do in a situation like this? I added an image, the parts in red are the parts I really don’t want or need to cut. I hope this makes sense.

Draw two rectangles for the area which you wish to cut and punch the board out of those ends:

Boolean Subtract each end:

(you’ll need to duplicate the central geometry)

to arrive at:

1 Like

Boy Boy Boy!..You my fren are a wizard. Now let me see can I follow these steps lol
Thank you Will

You may find:

and

of interest

1 Like

Ok will check those out
Thanks Will

This worked Wonderfully

Teddy,

Cutting those fingers flat on the spoilboard will have slightly rounded corners. That is the nature of inside cuts on any CNC. On the SO3 you can attach them on the end so they stand up vertically and get square corners. On the newer machines there is still some room off the front of the machine but not as much as an SO3. So you may need to take a chisel and square the corners. The smaller the bit you use the less of a round corner you will have. So use the largest end mill first then come back with a smaller end mill to get less rounded corners.

There are many posts on the forum about using the material in a vertical position with jigs to hold your material if you look around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.