How to cut Aluminium stock down to size?

I had a look at their website and they look great! Unfortunately they don’t operate the supply business in Europe (they do for their CNC services) :confused:

As @ccm mentioned the Harbor Freight 4x6 horizontal bandsaw, I purchased it last December because I was frustrated the same way you were and didn’t want to deal with hand-cutting all my aluminum pieces. It was an awesome purchased and I’ve used it to cut aluminum and brass sheet and round stock with no issues. A new blade and proper tensioning with a chip tray down below make it a great purchase.

You can cut aluminum in a number of ways. You can cut it with a skil saw, jig saw, bandsaw, etc. The trick is to use a metal cutting and/or a fine tooth blade and a speed which is not so fast as to melt the metal and not too slow as to generate a lot of chatter or vibration. Clamping the workpiece down and holding it firmly against a backer or sacrifice board will help to eliminate chatter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.