How to enter activation code in Carbide Motion 364

Hi,
I’m trying to resurrect my Shapeoko, the red Sparkfun version. I understand things have moved since 2016.
I still have the old setup files for Carbide Motion/Create 364 and that’s what I will be using for now.

What were the instructions to enter the activation code for Carbide Motion? The code activation email I got links to this:
http://docs.carbide3d.com/article/75-sparkfun-stepoko-activation

Which does not exist anymore. I can’t remember what needed to be done to enter the activation code.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
JS

I am pretty sure that the Sparkfun Activation code was removed from Carbide Motion before build 364.

My suggestion would be to use one of the opensource communication/control programs — the Grbl folks have a list:

Weird, that’s what I have on file and I’m pretty sure that’s what I’d been using.
Do you know what the activation procedure was? Or is there an older version of Carbide Motion I can download that’d support the activation code I have?

It’s been a long time, but I think you hit R, CTRL-R, or F1 before connecting to the machine. I have no idea if any. of those are correct, but they’re the first things that come to mind.

1 Like

I found the link in the wayback machine (internet archive). Here’s the link to that backup: Sparkfun - Stepoko activation - Carbide 3D Knowledge Base

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.