How to repeatably break the Z limit switch on an HDZ

One would certainly hope so, if it doesn’t I’ll just be making my own brackets for the proximity switches.

I’ve also yet to find anything more specific than “difficult to diagnose support problems” as an explanation of why soft limits are disabled with CM, I’d like to hear from anyone who’s actually had soft limit problems about what they are pls.

1 Like

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to experiment with soft limits. I turned soft limits on since I have my custom Suckit retrofit and found the Reduced X Travel HDZ settings conservative. Just jogging, within inches of my soft limit set points would prompt a pop up alert about over travel. I thought it was predicting steps when jogging using Fast speed but it was more limiting (during jogging) than the Reduced X setting, so I just toggle between the Full X during large projects/surfacing and the Reduced X when I‘m being more cautious.

I may do more testing now that the Z-axis homing switch issue has been brought to my attention. If I go through all of my spare switches, I’ll migrate over to proximity switches.

1 Like

the prox switches work quite well… no internal switch parts to break even if you bump them.

1 Like

Is there a tutorial or video on wiring the proximity switches.

Brown to +5V, Blue to Ground, Black to your switch input.
This is assuming you have 5v proximity switches with that color scheme (all I’ve seen until I saw the connectors on the C3D switches)

4 Likes

Try it? As Trump says “What have you got to loose?” (to convince people of color to vote for him in 2016). :wink:

1 Like

Other than my sanity?

I’m going to turn on the soft limits and see what they do, probably going to need to understand them before moving to CNCjs anyway as that’s not quite as beginner friendly as CM.

My rubbery bad toolpath bumper has taken the urgency out of it though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.