How to use Carbide Create with Shark Pro Plus HD

I have been working on how to use CC gcode with my Shark Pro Plus HD. If any of you have a Shark you know that they do not have anything like CC With version 4.62 CC I developed a draft of how to modify “Generic gcode” and/or GRBL post processors to use with my Shark. I prefer to use my Shapeoko but I have a Shark and it has a 2.5 HP router with 1/2 and 1/4 inch collets.

If you try this please feed back to me if it is usable. My Shark has been gathering dust because I did not have a CAD program to use until CC came out with the post processors.Carbide_Create_for_Shark_Use.pdf (42.4 KB)

I learned a lot about the gcode that CC creates for the Shapeoko and it was a good learning experience. Enjoy

5 Likes

Thanks for writing that up Guy.

If you can try that again with the Basic GCode post processor (Which might be a better starting point for a generic machine) then I’d be happy to see if we can give you a dedicated post processor for Shark machines.

(I don’t need a detailed write up, just a few notes are fine)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.