How to Weld fonts

I have been of create for quite sometime I am back and cant figure out were or how to weld fonts together like I used to. Is there a new youtube video with the new beta 7 version

Please see:

It’s the same in CCv7, save that there’s a “Boolean Union Outlines Only” function which is described as a “Weld” which will remove all counters.

Alternately, you could use the Trim Vectors tool and stitch things back together.

If you could upload a file you’re having difficulty w/ we’ll do our best to walk through it w/ you.

You’d now select the two letters that overlap and union them together. Weld would drop the inner vectors on letters like “e” or “a”.

Thank you all I finally got it figured out.

New Question though how do I add fonts to Carbide. I try to add from my system/files but carbide does not seem to open to allow.

There are two options:

• install fonts for all users and allow the OS to make them available
  • install fonts for Carbide Create only — in Windows do Help | About | Open Data Directory, then place copies of the fonts in the Carbide Create\fonts directory

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.