I'm back. Losing cutter

Things have been going fairly well. However, I’ve randomly been losing connection to my cutter. I’m currently updating my laptop in hopes it helps. Any other suggestions would be phenomenal! Thanks in advance!!!

It’s not the laptop shuting down after a certain time? I’ve had cuts end like that because the laptop became unplugged and decided to sleep after a half hour.

3 Likes

Here’s the support e-mail on this:

I’m sorry you are seeing an issue. Let’s gather some more information. Please run an “air job” running the same file that failed with the router and any dust collection off/removed and remove the bit after touching off (disable the BitSetter if necessary), please do so and let us know how that works out.

Send a photo of your overall setup, as well as clear edge to edge picture of your controller with the cover removed so that the wiring and connectors are visible.

Did you complete the Hello World Tutorial when you finished your build?
https://docs.carbide3d.com/tutorials/hello-world/

Please let us know how this test works out.

Write in to support@carbide3d.com w/ the results of your “air job” and photos and let us know how “Hello World” went and we will do our best to assist.

1 Like

No. It happened early yesterday and then came out of it after a retry. Started back up last night so i just quit. It happened twice in a row after trying to start a new job. It was late anyhow. Headed back down shortly.

Thank you! I’m going back down to start it back up. Do they have this same tutorial for the pro xxl?

For an updated version see:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.