Importing from Alibre Atom3D to Carbide Create?

Hi all! I have my very first simple 3D model created in Atom3D that came with the machine during the Black Friday sale. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to import the file into Carbide Create to add the toolpaths.

Looks like CC only accepts .svg or .dxf and Atom3D only exports .stp, .sat or .stl. From my reading to try to figure it out on my own first, it looks like I might need a middleman program to convert the file. I looked into Inkscape but it wouldn’t work on my Mac.

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
John

You need to make a 2D drawing in Alibre, then import that as a DXF into Carbide Create.

Alternately, if you have a true 3D design, you could export an STL and use a 3rd party CAM tool such as MeshCAM or pyCAM.

Great, thanks very much for the quick response!

you can also convert stl files to png depth maps that carbide create pro can use

2 Likes

Im new and it took me awhile to figure this one out and what exactly you guys were talking about. I feel like a dummy now but I got it. I was converting the model into a DXF and then importing it into carbide create and it just wasn’t coming out to scale right. I then changed the scale of my DXF drawing to a 1:1 scale and then imported and everything is perfect! Thank you all for the help!

1 Like