Importing purchased dxf files from Vectric Vcarve into Carbide create

Hey guys,
Super green to the cnc world and just getting started abd bought a few files off of etsy to try out while I get comfortable with designing my own items. One of the files I purchased opens up in Vectric Vcarve. I looked back through a old post where the same issue came up so I followed those steps and tried to export everything as a DXF file but it is not supported in the free Vcarve. Is there another way around this? Would I be able to send someone with Vcarve the zip file so you can export it for me?

Thanks and look forward to your response!

Won’t the person selling the file provide a platform-agnostic file format such as DXF or SVG?

It was sent in a DXF but defaulted to always opening in Vcarve. I got it all figured out now, just had to uninstall Vcarve.

Rather than double clicking the file in Windows you can start CC and then import the DXF file. That way you wouldn’t have needed to uninstall Vectric.

1 Like

Sounds good, thank you for the info

In Windows in the Settings Ap you can choose what file extensions open in what application by default.

You can also right click on a file and “Open With” and the file will open with the application selected if you dont want to use the default.

On my Windows 11 the default to open an SVG is Microsoft Edge but I have never bothered to change it. As @CullenS suggested you just import the SVG or DXF directly in from the CC application. But if I double click on an SVG it opens Microsoft Edge Browser.

1 Like