Initialization / Bit Setter

Just assembled 5Pro - during initialization, seems the machine is looking for BitSetter on opposite end of the machine. My bitsetter is positioned on the front of the machine (next to Carbide logo). During initialization, the spindle is moving to the back right of the machine, probing down and not finding the bitsetter. Receiving failed homing notification. Any help?

During your initial initialization you need to disable the BitSetter. Then after your first initialization you can jog over to the BitSetter and go into configuration and set the position. If you have initialized with the BitSetter checked in configuration the machine does not know where the BitSetter is.

So power on the Shapeoko and do not initialize. Go to Settings and in the second tab uncheck the BitSetter. Initialize and the router will stay in the back right corner. Then just jog over to the BitSetter and make sure the bit is centered on the BitSetter button. Go back to Settings and in the configurtion use the current position to set the BitSetter position. Then you can power off and power on and connect and initialize. The normal BitSetter function should be set and should initialize, come to the front center and prompt for a bit and then go through the BitSetter and return to the center position waiting for a job to start.

1 Like

Awesome! That did it. Thank you very much!

You need to follow the setup directions of the bit setter. Mine did the same thing but my machine was an old early version - the assemble or bit setter manual should be helpful, if not, then go to YouTube and search for shapeoko bit setter setup. its not difficult. You need to tell the machine where to find the bitsetter. Tom

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.