Initializing problems

In the middle of a job, the bit started to plunge deep, so I stopped the program. When I tried to initialize the machine, it started bouncing up and down and then Carbide Motion turned itself off. What could be wrong? I think you can see a video of it here: This is what happens when I try to initialize the machine | By Glen | Facebook

Hi @GlenSpicer,

From the video it looks like it could the pulley slipping on the Z motor shaft (maybe it got loose after the plunge incident?). Can you try and look if you see the pulley turning normally while the Z axis itself dances up and down as it does in the video ? or does the pulley rattle back and forth too ? (which would rather indicate an electrical issue)

Either way you can also contact support@carbide3d.com to troubleshoot the problem.

1 Like

There is no slack at mall in the pulley nthat bI can see.

Allright, another possible culprit is a loose Z belt, which would then slip on the pulley. On a belt-driven Z axis that is a common thing to happen. The crash you had may have knocked off position the belt tensioning screw.
Check that? The belt should be tight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.