Interested in making name necklace

Well the Fiber Laser Guy in Markham but I need to cut them and I’m not sure the Fiber Laser Guy do that good I already have one and it might take quite a few hours to do that…

Specially that thick from name necklace but I’m not sure how thick I really wanna go or what they are…

But I already have a Fiber Laser so I’m not sure which would do better fiber laser or nomad three or use both nomad three to cut fiber laser to engrave like you were thinking

You forgot to mention how thick was that aluminum and how long did it take?

Copper cuts like butter if you get the right alloy. That would be 'Tellurium Copper", a.k.a C145 or C14500. This typically contains more than 99% copper and machines very well. The only downside, at least for me, is that it doesn’t come in sheets (unless you have some sort of academic or industrial account). This alloy has a typical machinability of 85.

I guess I gotta find out if it’ll cut at least sterling silver which they showed in their video but it might be gold plated…

3mm to 4mm thick

I will be doing small things on sterling silver maybe gold plated like a name necklace that they showed in their carbide 3Dvideo

I used .064’ thick 6061 aluminum sheet and each one took around 30-40 mins.

Yeah I’ve read about that stuff, i need to get my hands on some.

Most of the coin blanks and other jewelry type items seem to be closer to pure copper. (I really want to do some hard enamel copper coins)

Maybe I’ll try to find some bar stock tellurium copper and commission some coin blanks. Thanks for the shout.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.