Introducing Crush IT. The last clamping system you will ever need

Any chance you could post a video of them in action?

I have been trying to get @KevBarn14 to do a workholding video for a while — I suspect that his past reticence was due to his not being willing to give up using the testing versions of these nifty clamps, so I suspect we will see them featured soon.

1 Like

I’ll let @Luke jump in with the width of the slot. It might have room for 1/4" hardware now, it wasn’t something I remember talking about.

That’s on the to-do list.

The width of the slot is 6.5mm so there is technically room for 1/4 hardware. With Metic being the international standard and what we use on all our machines, there are currently no plans for 1/4 hardware set. There are some disadvantages such as the allen keys not all being matched up, which was one of the USP’s of this set. One tool to rule them all…

Kevin will do a much better job, however as requested this is how they work…

Generally I’d run all my clamps in the T slots like this:

However they can also be used across slots like this, I’m only showing this so so you can see the movement.

3 Likes

Thanks for the demo!

https://carbide3d.com/3d-print/crush-it-essentials-caddy/

Here you go!

2 Likes

So now I really might have to figure out how to make a hybrid table knock off for my Shapeoko 3…

Looks like that could be milled with a Shapeoko…am I missing anything that would prevent it?

1 Like

It’s pretty straight-forward to just install T-track (which is what I did on my SO3 XL) — you just can’t use the Teez-Nutz.

1 Like

Looks to be pretty easily cut:

But maybe one should use MeshCAM or re-draw.

Any plans to offer the Crush-It clamps on their own?

1 Like

I noticed that the Tees-Nutz in the kit above are different from the ones offered from the link in the same listing - the kit look to be pretty square and the other ones are rounded off on each end.

Was there a posting somewhere about the design change? Are they totally interchangeable? Is one better than the other? And so on and so forth…

I don’t think a note was made, and I’m not sure if one form completely replaced the other, or if we offer both concurrently and will continue to do so.

I use both forms interchangeably, and like the square ones for their compactness and the longer more rounded ones for being easier to insert.

We made the change quite a while ago. I’m pretty sure the squarer version have been shipping for over a year or maybe more. We should probably update the photo.

The function exactly the same, 100% interchangeable on a machine - it’s just a manufacturing and packing process we refined.

2 Likes

I have both the oval ones and the square ones. I’m glad they went to the square ones. It allows you to double bolt the longer Gators to the t-track for more holding power. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Set arrived. Hoping to employ them soon.

2 Likes

They arrived safely and have had their first test run, cutting out a couple of zero clearance throat plates from 3/4 ply for my Delta table saw (design is on CutRocket and fits beautifully, BTW). Very nice set.

1 Like

I will have to look for that. I have an older Delta Cabinet saw.

I was excited when I got the notice that my order was delivered. Opened the mail box and found just a 5x7 thin padded envelope. Disappointment! :frowning: They forgot to put the clamps with the rest of the order. email has been sent to sales@carbide3d.com but I was really looking forward to trying these out this weekend.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.