Introducing myself from Texas

Hi Everyone,

I’m a proud new owner of a Shapeoko 3. I think I got it all set up and already trying a few things. This is great community and a great product. I’m truly amazed at the quality of customer service that Carbide has created.

I’m new to CNC but have been a hobby woodworker for many years so I have all the other power tools (routers, table saws, miter saw). I also have been tinkering with 3d printing for years and also just upgraded to a new Creality Ender 3 V2 - it’s quite a nice little 3d printer.

I’m sure I’ll be posting soon. So just wanted to say hi.

David

8 Likes

welcome!

you can also do 3D stuff with your CNC … for example using the steps from Cutting STL models with Carbide Create Pro (nearly-2021 edition)

it’d not be the first thing I’d try… but it’s also not super complicated either

2 Likes

Hi @dmstone7 ,

Welcome! (to this forum and the super exciting journey of hobby CNC)

In case you did not stumble upon it yet, there’s a free community ebook that you could be interested in :

https://shapeokoenthusiasts.gitbook.io/shapeoko-cnc-a-to-z/

1 Like

Hi @dmstone7 and welcome!

As a newbie here myself (going on 3 months now) and still on the steep learning curve, I know there are no stupid questions and someone will always help provide an answer.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Oh, and follow @Julien’s advice and read (or refer to) the Shapeoko A-Z e-book. It’s a mine of useful information!

2 Likes