Introducing the TIGER CLAW!

i get that much, my concern is how much space is required on a space conscious platform (Nomad).

at a guess lets say 1" from compressed to beginning of slot for each clamp and you use them on each side as the video example portrays. Nomad table is 8x8", bolt holes are spaced inwards from the edge so you probably cut down to a 4"-5" max length work piece?

If the slots were on either side of the clamp (matching the Nomad table spacing) as opposed to a single on the end you could cut down on that needed space by a decent amount.

With opposed Tiger Claws, if one is willing to let them hang over the front and rear edge you can get ~102mm between them — I’ve never used them thus though, when I’m working on the Nomad it’s always smaller scale work — they’re about 54.5mm long when fully contracted.

Yikes! Was that me? I’m a bit confused. I’m sorry if that came across as offensive. My comment was that I think the reason most people use super glue is because it has good holding power in a fraction of the time.
Looks like this was all removed as I reply. I’d love a cheaper way, and I actually looked up weld bond (still open on Amazon app) right after reading the post.
Anyway, I’m sorry if I offended, that was not my intent. I do not have strong feelings for one adhesive over another.

Also, Tiger Claws are awesome! I use mine with M5 inserts, socket head cap screws with washers. I even use them in conjunction with the super glue and tape for a fast extra but of security.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.