Is the Shapeoko 3 supposed to come with limit switches?

So we unpacked our CNC and are mostly finished setting it up. However, we seem to have ran into a road bump in that the machine pretty much requires limit switches to function (that is, the carbide motion software won’t even let you jog the machine to test it without first performing a homing cycle). There weren’t any limit switches as far as we could see in the box, and they aren’t mentioned on the pack list. Is the machine supposed to come with some, or are they a separate purchase?

I got my shapeoko 3xxl about 6 months ago and it came with limit switches. If you email them they are usually pretty easy to work with

1 Like

The limit switches are referred to as home switches. If you follow the installation instructions you will see them here https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/shapeoko/s3/#home-switches
Mine came with easy to spot orange and black wire that you are supposed to connect to the controller.

1 Like

Yes, machines have included homing switches since summer 2016 — if your machine shipped without them, let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get it sorted out.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the replies, looks like I will contact Carbide3d support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.