Is the VEVOR 1,5KW 220V any good for Shapeoko XXL?

Some people love Vevor products. The funny thing is no one seems to know who actually owns the company.

What vfd will you get to run the spindle?

C3D does not recommend 80mm spindles in z-plus because they are too heavy. Likely a 66mm one would work but check out weight before buying. Would definitely would work in hdz 80 or 66mm.

We currently have a 69mm spindle mount for a Dewalt D26200 (900w) router, but it has to be repaired (anchor misalignment) and it is impossible to get spare parts from Dewalt anywhere.

That is why I am looking for alternatives, though it will require a new spindle mount (65mm) and a new Dustboot.

Try https://www.ereplacementparts.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ereplacementparts&msclkid=ddfebbb305151f905205de7c03cb3e45&utm_term=ereplacementparts.com&utm_content=eReplacementparts

Use them all the time.

1 Like

Diameter ?

PS. I love your Lego minifigure

Thats me, frozen solid, screaming. One day I will become proficient with this machine.

2 Likes

I know the feeling where you immediately start thinking about if/how you can recover this :wink:

1 Like

Holy pins and sockets, Batman, we’re having an international Lego conference! :smiley:
BatmanRobinLego

2 Likes

That thing is goiing to remove some material at 2220 volts, heck it might even take off.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that mistake too :rofl:

I bought the 1.5kW Vevor spindle and vfd for 110V (water cooled). I have the Shapeoko 3 XXL and the HDZ. I have had it for over a year. Very little runout, came with a schematic (that was wrong) and I had to flip a couple of the wires as the unit was running in reverse. I don’t use the software to turn the spindle on or off. I do it manually. The programming guide was quite extensive. I have about 400 hours on the spindle and it still runs nice and quiet.

1 Like

Thanks. Does it require an expensive VFD ?

It came with the VFD. A chinese model but it was super easy to setup. Came with a programming guide as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.