Is there a way to tell the size of a logo inside an outline so it can be duplicated in future projects?

I am trying to make a raised logo and I would like to be able to duplicate it in future projects. I was wondering if there was a way to copy the logo size to add to future projects. I will try to get a photo. I am using G sender with a Longmill 48x30 machine.

Thank you for any assistance.

Launch Carbide Create:

choose “Trace Image”

Select the pixel image:

click on “Trace Image”:

Ok

“Ungroup Vectors”

Select what you want to know the size of:

Read the dimensions in the Info — if they’re not what you want, choose “Scale”

and set the desired size:

1 Like

Thank you very much I think that is going to help me a lot.
This is such a learning curve for myself. I wish I knew someone in my area who was using carbide create that would be willing to teach or share info in person. I am not the most computer savvy guy.

Thanks again.

Can we assume from your user name that you are in Boston?

Long way for me but maybe there is someone up there.

For learning Carbide Create we have videos at:

https://my.carbide3d.com/carbide-create-course/

and I wrote up a bit at:

and

and if you wish to, you can sign up for individual on-line training sessions at:

but if you have any difficulties at all, you can post them here or to projects@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

Boston or Iowa (guessing from the UNI logo).

You can bring the logo into the free Inkscape and select the image and use the Path menu to trace the bitmap. Then Save As a Plain SVG. Then import into Carbide Create and size as appropriate and save the svg and use that over and over. Once converted to SVG you can resize it anytime you want in CC.

Save the SVG in your library… C:\Users(user)\AppData\Local\Carbide 3D\Carbide 3D\library(add a subfolder here)\My_logo.svg

and it will be available for future projects. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.