Issue with Carbide motion and Vcarve Desktop

I am trying to figure out a issue I just had. I loaded gcode into carbide motion. This is my first test cut using Vcarve. After My bit touches bitsetter and returns to middle home position. The router moved down fairly low and proceeded to go to work piece narrowly missing my clamp. I stopped the unit before it could start. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or I can adjust. When I was using carbide create pro and carbide motion. The Router only dropped down when it was over the work piece.

Where is the origin set in the file?

How are you setting the origin relative to the stock?

Im am setting the origin to top of material on center. I believe after looking I need to adjust rapid z. Carbide create pro I am use to it moving at max height across cutting area before slowly starting to cut the material.

Please try to create a simple test cut using Carbide Create.

If you have difficulty w/ it, post the .c2d file and generated G-code and step-by-step notes on how you are securing your stock and setting zero relative to it and managing all tool changes and a photo showing an attempt at cutting still in place on the machine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.