Issue with GCode generation

I’ve been using Fusion 360 to generate my GCode since I got my machine a month or two ago.
No issues up until last night where a couple of things happened while trying to run a job.

• Carbide Motion requests that I turn my spindle setting up to 5 (24000rpm) even though my GCode states 18000rpm.

• The machine doesn’t measure the bit before starting the job.

I’ve skimmed through the GCode I generated last night and compared it to code I had prior to this and I noticed that the tool swap command (M6) appears to have been replaced by M0; appearing in the code like this:

(Prior GCode)
T3 M6

(New GCode)
M0
(MANUAL TOOL CHANGE TO T1)

The RPMs show as:
S18000 m3
In the new code which looks the same as the prior code.

I’ve considered 3 potential reasons for why this could be happening.

1. Fusion 360 updated and is causing issues with how the gcode is generated (potentially locking the manual tool change behind a paywall)
  2. The post processing file (Carbide 3D (Grbl) / carbide 3d" is out of date, and I’m unsure how to verify this.
  3. The firmware to the machine is out of date.

I’m not even sure where to start with this or if I’m even on the right track.

Try making a test file using Carbide Create.

Let us know how testing that works at support@carbide3d.com

I’ve been using post version 43151, I see that they’re up to version 44083 now.
Are you using the free version of Fusion 360, or are you a subscriber?
Here’s a link to there online library. I store a copy of the post I’m using in my cloud library, so I’m not at the mercy of someone’s automatic update.

M0 is not a manual toolchange, it’s just a machine STOP.

CM requires the T1 M6 for the toolchange / measure the tool.

What is setting 4 on your router? Less than, or greater than 18000?

1 Like

I only see a carbide 3d with version 44083.
I’m a free user as of right now but it hasn’t been an issue in the past.

Never mind, I see it was 43151 not 44151, I can try and back up a few versions.

I’m aware of what the command is, the issue is that Fusion 360 is using M0 instead of M6 for whatever reason. I’m thinking it’s one of the three issues I listed in the original post, but I’m unsure.

Yeh, sorry I’m not an F360 user. Either the wrong post, or for some reason it’s thinking it’s not a regular toolchange. ??? There should definitely be a T1 M6, rather than just a M0

Did you try manually changing the M0 to M06 T1 and see if it works the same as it did?

I’m trying that in just a moment, have a couple of other things to try first but that is on my list haha

1 Like

I am running the latest CM and have noticed I get the notice to turn my router to 24000 RPM no matter what the tool was set for. I just ignore it and go on and hit resume. This must be a bug or something.

It looks like it was an issue with my tool library.
The default stats (rpm, feeds & speeds, etc) were not set so I had copied the tools over and tried to set them myself but that seemed to have caused an issue within fusion…
Still might have the issue with the RPM, but fusion is building gcode with the M6 command again.
I’ll have to call Autodesk and see what is going on and if there is a way I can correct this issue with the new library.

Thank you all!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.